DEC VAX VMS & Open VMS
DISC can convert nearly all VMS tapes.
has made VAX VMS conversions a priority since the 1980s and we have converted hundreds of thousands of VMS files. Our VAX infrastructure
allows us to support nearly all VAX tape drives
We thoroughly understand the many VMS file types
and we know how to convert them to PC files correctly
We don't just do a blind transfer -- we take the time to inspect the RMS parameters of each file, and configure the conversion settings properly for that file type. The converted files are reviewed by a programmer and scanned using programs we have written to detect and correct problems before they get back to you.
DEC media we can read:
- 9-track: TA/TU 78, 79, 80, 81 TS11, TSx05, 07, more
- 3480, 3490, 3490E: TA90, 91, 92, TU90, 91, TKZ6x
- 3590: TKZ90
- TK-50, TK-70
- DLT: TK85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90
- 4mm: TLZ04, 06, 07, 09, 10
- 8mm: TKZ08,
09, 9E, 9F, 15, TLZ08, TZS20
- QIC / SLR: TKZ10*, 11*
- Floppy: RX23*, RX33*, RX50
- Disk Packs:
RL-01*, RL-02*, RA-60*
- Other: Many Optical disks*.
Conversion Services we perform:
- VAX VMS, Alpha VMS, Open VMS
- VMS Backup and COPY tapes.
- VAX disk packs
and Sequential file conversions
- Fixed, Variable, and Stream files
- Simple tape-to-tape copies
- All work is performed on our premises.
* Denotes drives that are not currently installed but could be re-installed for large jobs.
Disc Interchange has become an oasis in the conversion industry for
complex VAX/VMS file restore and conversion. No other organization can provide
the level of expertise and comprehensive media coverage that Disc can offer today.
Disc Interchange Service Company, Inc. will be closing on December 31, 2015, due to the Massachusetts Data Security Law, 201 CMR 17.00.
The new law prohibits us from receiving or shipping tapes or disks containing Personal Information on Massachusetts residents, and has wiped-out about 95% of our business.
For more information about the law and how it affected us, please see: The Massachusetts Data Security Law